- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of almond flakes
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds’
- 1 cup of pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 of honey
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Roughly chop walnuts and combine with other nuts, seeds and spices in a large bowl.
- Combine coconut oil and honey in microwave and heat for about 20 seconds until runny.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine well.
- Lay out on baking paper fairly flat across 2 oven trays and bake for about 10 minutes, keeping an eye on it to make sure it does not burn.
- Store in tall glass containers in the fridge. Makes a large batch.
- Serve with 2 heaped tablespoons of greek yoghurt and a handful of berries or cherries (low sugar fruits).
N.B. the nuts/ seeds in this recipe do make it a more expensive recipe to make than standard store bought cereals. However it is high in nutrients and good fats and is quite filling so it will make enough for many weeks.
This recipe was supplied by Katie King, The Balanced Nutritionist – our nutritionist in residence.